Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Drew Garrett talks about TM and Simon

Drew Garrett amazed the viewers of GENERAL HOSPITAL when he took on the role of troubled Michael Corinthos Jr. in 2009. It shocked the entire industry when he was fired less than a year later. So what happened to this prolific actor, and what is he doing now? In this exclusive new interview, Garrett discusses his upcoming guest appearance in CBS-TV's THE MENTALIST on February 17th at 10 p.m., his confusing departure from GENERAL HOSPITAL, aspirations for the future, and hard-life lessons learned along the way.

WE LOVE SOAPS TV: Tell me about your role on THE MENTALIST, coming up on CBS, February 17th at 10 p.m.?

Drew Garrett: This is a one episode guest star spot. I’m playing a guy named Jeff Loomis who is the son of the victim for that episode. It all revolves around a trailer park community who are all prospecting for gold. I am in about four scenes and have great camera time. It’s not like I’m in the background. It won’t be a tease. I am early on in the episode, and then I come back in later. Simon Baker, who plays THE MENTALIST, uses my character as a resource because I’m the son of the guy who is dead. He needs to tap into my psyche and interview me in order to find out the background of the victim. He basically uses myself and my father’s girlfriend to get clues, as well as some other suspects.

WE LOVE SOAPS TV: So you are playing the son of a murder victim. I imagine this will allow us to see even more of your range?

Drew Garrett: Yes, that is going to be involved in this role. I’m feeling good about the work I did. You never really know. It’s hard for me to leave a job and feel good about it until I see it, but I’m pleased with this.

WE LOVE SOAPS TV: Did you have that on THE MENTALIST?

Drew Garrett: Yes, I was really impressed with Simon Baker. The whole cast is awesome, but Simon Baker is the big draw. I was really impressed with how legitimate and talented that guy is. He really knows what he is doing. It was cool for me as a young actor to work with him, see what his method is, and what his process is for getting to where he needs to be. He definitely did that. I was not only having a good time but I was enjoying learning from a superior as well.

For a full report on even, click here.

Thanks whitecat for the news.

0 意見: